QUESTIONS FOR FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE PRACTITIONERS
Here are some questions that you may consider asking a clinician who practices Functional Medicine
- How would you describe your practice?
- Do you work with other clinicians — Nutrition Professionals, Health Coach, etc.?
- Do you have information you could send ow about your practice?
- Do you have experience treating my conditions(s)?
- Please describe your Functional Medicine training.
- Do you take insurance? Or are you a cash practice?
- What are the main therapies that you use? (examples: dietary, chiropractic adjustments, supplements, prescription medications) Are they typically covered by insurance?
- Do you use laboratory 5005 (0000, stool, saliva, and/or blood)? What other kinds of assessments do you use? Are they typically covered by insurance?
- What is the cost of an office visit?
- How much time should I budget for my first appointment?
- What should I do to prepare for my first visit?
- Do you offer telephone or online consultations?
- What options do you offer for after-hours contact.’