Diagnostic Solutions Labs, has been approved by the FDA to provide COVID-19 antibody testing.
What is the difference between the nasal testing currently used and this antibody testing?
The current testing procedure of a nasal swab has a high degree of false negative results. The FDA approved antibody testing has a 98.6% positive detection.
What does the antibody testing measure?
When the body encounters a protein that is hostile to the body, such as viruses, our immune response is to produce antibodies. These amount of antibodies produced may be measured to determine if you have been exposed to the virus or if there is a virus or invader presently within your body.
This test will identify if you have been exposed to COVID-19 WITHIN THE PAST 4 MONTHS OR IF YOU CURRENTLY HAVE THE COVID-19 VIRUS.
Who can or should have the antibody test ?
Anyone who has symptoms or has been exposed to someone who has been tested positive to COVID-19 should have this test performed. Also, anyone who wants to know if they have been exposed to COVID-19.
How is the test performed?
A single tube blood draw. You must schedule by calling the office. Strict protocols are being implemented.
If your insurance company is contracted with Quest Labs, you will need to get a lab requisition slip for the test. Possibly your physician may draw the blood if they offer that service or you may go to a Quest Lab Center for the draw.
What is the cost of this test?
The cost for the blood draw, the lab fee, and the physician review and response to you is $229. However, as of yesterday, my conversation with my Quest representative was that there MAY be no charge for the test. It is important that everyone checks with their insurance provider to see if Quest is the lab contracted with and if not, see if the lab your insurance provider is contracted with is offering COVID-19 Antibody testing and if there is a fee.
What if I am out of state?
The process to have a kit shipped to you is as follows:
- PRIOR TO ORDERING THIS TEST KIT YOU WILL NEED TO LOCATE A LAB THAT WILL DO A SINGLE TUBE BLOOD DRAW. You may notify the draw facility that you will provide the serum tube (It is part of the kit). QUEST AND LABCORP MAY NOT DRAW FOR THIS TEST(call first). You may google for a mobile phlebotomists or independent lab near you. There will be a fee for this blood draw.
- Once you have located a blood draw facility call our office at 702-362-0336.
- Request a COVID-19 Antibody test kit be shipped. You will need to provide an address, not a P.O. Box and email so we may provide your results.
- Provide payment over the phone.
- The kit order will be placed within 24 hours.
- Your results will be emailed to you the same day they are received.
When may I expect my test results ?
Within 24-48 hours.
Contact our office at 701-362-0336 to schedule your test or have a kit shipped.
NOW OPEN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY!